Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Revamping an Old Layout

The original .......

.... the revamp.

It was during the Little Scrapbook Retreat last year that I received the news on the Sunday morning that my Poppy had just passed away. Almost 12 months on, this has been playing on my mind.
When I originally scrapped this LO about 3 years ago, the word "POPPY" fell off (Heidi Swapp!!) and I wasn't really happy with the journaling.

It wasn't until SM called for grandparent LOs in their current issue (that I am published in!!), that I pulled this LO out knowing that I owed it to myself and my Poppy to fix it. So I added and changed some PPs and the flowers and modernised it. I said I would never touch my old LOs but I'm really pleased I did.

I submitted it and SM rejected it today - but that's OK, because that makes me even more determined to keep submitting.
RIP Poppy. I miss you every day.

Luv

1 comments:

  1. Wow... what a difference a few embellishments and can make! I love the addition of the flourish, the flower cluster and the orange flowers! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It really makes my day!!